Sunday 24 August 2014

Beat the Christmas rush

Good morning everyone

A very quick post from me this morning before my Blog Hop post goes live!

As you can see, for a change, my post is about Christmas Cards. 

Now I don't profess to be much of a card maker...so simple works best for me... but last night I sat down and made 8 cards in honour of my friend Sues', Beat the Christmas Rush challenge on her blog, Me and Mine where she challenges us to make 5 cards a month so it isn't all left until December to catch up!

As I left it so late to come to the party, I decided I'd make 8 instead. So here, they are.. simple trees cut from some ancient MME Lost and Found Christmas papers, cut using the SU pennant punch, and added to a little trunk that I cut from scrap that I had rolled through a crinkle roller (no idea what the real name is but I'm sure you know what I mean!) 

I them heat embossed the Merry Christmas.. and added pearl dots to the 'trees... job done, simple but effective!

Do pop along to Sues blog too as she is a far better card maker than I am, as are some of her visitors, so why not link up your cards too? 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Elaine

3 comments:

  1. very cute! this would be great for teachers at the busy christmas period! jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Elaine these are lovely! Just right for batch making. Thank you for joining in Beat the Christmas Rush
    Sue @ Me&Mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards!! I soooo need to join in with sue's Beat the Rush and get started on my Xmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete