Monday 27 October 2014

Two LO's from my scrapbook retreat this weekend

Morning all.. here I am back from a busy weekend away scrapbooking. 

Apart from enjoying being looked after by the wonderful B & B owner, I managed quite well with my wounded 'wing' (some of you may know I'm recovering from shoulder surgery). I mow, more or less, have full use of my arm for crafting, but I still have a way to go for full recovery! 


Anyway.. here are the first two LO's I made.. one for the Mixed Media layout that was inspired by the Studio Challenges inspiration to create a mixed media LO using two or more mediums. 


So.. first I painted a rough background with gesso then I mixed pearlescent paint in with some texture paste and used it with the honeycomb stencil to create the basis for the LO. I then waited for it to dry before stamping lots of background script stamps all over it. Finally I added lots of drips and drizzles of Paperartsy Fresco Turquoise chalk paint over the rest. 

Then I distressed several pieces of MME papers and arranged beneath the photo mat. The photo is of my Mum and her brothers at the D-Day street party in 1945. I then finished it off with some altered chipboard photo corners, some buttons and beads and a sprinkling of striped yellow resin dots. 

I'm pleased with the outcome so I hope you are too?

Then.. onto the next LO. 



This time a simpler affair... inspired by this sketch from Lets Get Sketchy blogspot holiday challenge.. by Laura Whitaker. This time I'm not entering it in their challenge as the idea was to create a winter/ holiday LO.. which mine isn't but I liked the sketch so I wanted to use it anyway. 

I also combined it with the monthly challenge over on UKS to use the colours above as inspiration.



I do hope you like? Remember to pop back soon to see what else I created during the weekend. 









Have a good day everyone!


Elaine
x

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts considering you are still recovering!!!
    Which retreat did you go on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a private one a friend organises at a B & B in Whitstable, Kent.. it was good but not as good as the Breen Buttons retreat through UKS

      Delete
  2. Great LO!
    Thanks for playing along with The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are really on a roll with these sketches. Well done.

    ReplyDelete