Tuesday 31 May 2016

Two more layouts with my Magic Memories Kit

Good morning from a very wet and soggy morning in my corner of Kent

It's pouring down here and I'm on top of my housework for now so what's a girl to do but spend some time blogging?

I hope to get back into my craft room later but I have my little Granddaughter coming for the day so I doubt I'll get much done, except when she's napping.

Anyway.. we had a nice Bank Holiday weekend with a sizeable family gathering yesterday and when they had all gone, I went and made two more layouts using my May Magic Memories Kit inspired by the CKCB challenge blog.

The first is this one using Kaisercraft Coastal papers that I included in my kit. I used some mixed media elements too.. Prima small art stones, beads, gold threads and some cracked sea shells in blue and gold that I bought from the £1 shop in their nail section. I also added three little bits of glittery ribbon and some blue and turquoise thread that I glued between the fussy cut and curled sea shells and coral. I also added two little anchors and a couple of marine themed flatbacks.


I chose Little Mermaid as my title because these photos were taken at Disney theme park, Florida. I  punched the top edge with Fiskars Threading Water punch and added lots of clear and aqua beads to represent droplets of water.

The second layout was created with the scraps of my Say Cheese II papers I included in my kit..I have pretty much killed this collection so I cut four apertures and filled them with scrap and then layered the other pieces on the top and added 'shopping' embellishments from long hoarded toppers pack. I added a gift tag and the word 'me' because, basically, the contents of the shopping bags were gifts to herself! LOL 


Well that's it for this post.. but I'll be back before long no doubt.

Do let me know what you think.. have a good day.. hope it's dry where you are!

Elaine
x

4 comments:

  1. Two great pages Elaine. Well done on being on top of the house work too ( i never am!) , Enjoy the time with your grandaughter today xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both wonderful layouts. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that Little Mermaid page is incredible! I think I would frame it - such pretty details surrounding the photos. I like the diagonal line of the second layout and the dress mannequin you added as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pages! Love the mermaid LO.

    ReplyDelete