Sunday 24 July 2016

Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop

Good morning to all and welcome to my part of the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blogs small but beautifully formed Members' Blog Hop. We are so happy you are here to join us and would welcome you to join in next time.

You should have come here from the lovely Tina's Scrap Corner here where no doubt she will be sharing an inspirational piece of art.

In my case it was Challenge #1 that's inspired me and we had to choose a Summertime Book cover to kick-start our creative process.. From this selection here I chose  Elin Hilderbrands book cover of the deck chairs looking out to sea.. entitled The Rumor... (The Rumour if you're English!) lol


This immediately inspired me to use some photos from last year when I went away to The Isle of Wight with my Mum. As she is now quite frail, there were times during the day that she wanted to sleep, so I used this time to take myself off and find a quiet space near the bar, overlooking the Solent. From these lovely comfortable chairs I could watch the sailing boats go by while quietly sipping my Pimms No.1 cup... my idea of bliss!

Luckily I had selected a perfect piece of paper for this from my Brief Encounters July CKCB Kit so... drum roll.. here's my project ...




I think you can see from this how chilled I was! Isn't that just the perfect piece of paper for this simple layout?

Thanks for stopping by and now you should hop over to Lisa's blog here 

The full blog hop list will be published on the link-to-the-CKCB so if you get lost along the way, head over there to find your way back onto the hop. but here it is in case you need it




CKCB    http://www.counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com


Don't forget to leave me a comment to let me know you were here and happy hopping!

Elaine
x

12 comments:

  1. What a great use of the photo-style background paper - just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been there but your layout made me feel like I was sitting there right with you. Perfect background paper, wonderful photos and the anchor washi tape is adorable.Will you be adding some journalling to it? Ah, Pimm's - you don't really get that here - I miss it. It sounds like a perfect afternoon activity...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No journaling.. just the memory for me:0) Pimms is my favourite drink ever!

      Delete
  3. That view! Beautiful and relaxing...I think I would want to spend lots of time there too. And you did a fabulous job using that photo-realistic paper - it blends right in beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful, peaceful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful layout and it does make you feel like your right there too :) just watching the boats go by

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! Perfect background paper for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely the only paper choice :) That washi is delightful for a little punctuation. I'm afraid I would have been napping along with mum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous- the paper is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was looking forward to see how you used that piece of paper! I love your finished LO!

    ReplyDelete