Monday 1 August 2016

A sunny layout

Good morning

Happy August to you all.

If, like me, you love a challenge why not hop over to our Facebook Page.. Scrap Challenge here to see a list of scrapbooking challenges that are updated regularly. We can soon approve you as a member and you too can join in the fun.

So, today I am bringing you a layout created for The Memory Nest blog as I  am guest designing for them this month.

I was sent this gorgeous sketch here by Leslie, the blogs owner

 
and I knew  straight away which photos I wanted to use! I have had these in my 'to scrap' pile forever and a day. They were taken on a Spanish holiday a couple of years ago. Now, I'm not much of a swimmer so this is a fairly rare sight, me swimming in the pool...hence the title.

Here is my take on it

I used a torn piece of card and inked along the top half of the card to create the clouds and then I added scraps of paper to the bottom. I added the circle of the sun and added yellow ink and I stamped the flying birds too.
Once I'd stuck the photos down I added PVA glue to the edge of the bottom of the paper and I sprinkled Prima small stones along with some tiny beads, gold flakes and tiny sea shells. I than added a couple of resin starfish too. Once the title was in place I added a few splashes that I made with a Martha Stewart fan punch along with some aqua coloured flatbacks and I was finished.

Thanks for popping by for a look see.. do let me know you've visited. and I will pop over to see your blog too.

Elaine
x   



5 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch. Lots of fun touches on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...look at that bead border. It's lovely! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the sketch!! The beads and such on the bottom look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining us this month! LOVE this page-top to bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the fun details on this! The clouds are pretty! A wonderful take on this sketch!

    ReplyDelete