Friday 8 September 2017

My Hero scrapbook page and a Guest Designer spot

Morning all

Today I'm bringing you a layout using Kaisercrafts Shine On collection..which I have found very useful for my family work photographs.




In this case I have used it to showcase my youngest son who is a London Firefighter.
I am also delighted to be sharing this layout as I am a Guest Designing for the  UK Scrap Addicts blog today. 

Here is the link to my page for them... 

http://ukscrapaddicts.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/guest-designer-elaine-king.html




I'm a reluctant journaller but in this case I made an exception as I had a story to tell. 
I hope you like the layout..do hop over to the UK Scrap Addicts to have a read of my story. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

Elaine
x



7 comments:

  1. Lovely layout of a very important day in your son's career. I can imagine this was a very difficult layout to create but I can also understand the importance of documenting the good and bad as sometimes the bad days/events have a more profound effect on us, and in this instance you were able to turn your journaling to the positive of your son returning home to his family when many others didn't. Well done on creating a beautiful tribute to a tragic event xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Laura. It was hard but so heartfelt I had to scrapbook it.

      Delete
  2. A great page, lovely photo and important story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is what scrapbooking is all about, such heartfelt journaling, such an important layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne. My thoughts entirely. It's good to scrap the good and the bad! Xx

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful page <3 My hubby was a retained fireman for 15 yrs :)

    ReplyDelete