Friday 3 November 2017

Christmas Countdown Day Three

Hello all

Welcome to Day Three of the UKScrappers Countdown to Christmas.


Today I am bringing you a layout using the wonderful, traditional Kaisercraft 'Letters to Santa' collection that I am calling 'Tis The Season.


To create this layout I first took a sheet of the collection called Santas Workshop Paper from the Kaisercraft collection to use as the background. I then took a die cut paper from the collection, (although any wreath or circle could be substituted for this)and I mounted my photo in the centre of the wreath and arranged a large and small cluster of die cut poinsettias and ephemera at the top and bottom. Next I took a gem flourish and placed it to the left of the photo behind a cluster that I made using die cuts and several poinsettias I made using a Sizzix die.. To create an even more luxurious cluster I added some small red roses and more inked wood flourishes.
I then took a Christmas stencil and used texture paste to create the row of wrapped parcel and inked and added two wood veneers.
For the top cluster I used less layers of the decorative die to create a smaller flower and I added another inked wood flourish.
To finish it all off I added fine white glitter from my stash to give some extra sparkle finishing it off with an ephemera quote. 
I thoroughly enjoyed making this for the Christmas Countdown.. I do hope it inspires you to join in.
Pop over to UKS for the next leg of our journey! 
Elaine
x

No comments:

Post a Comment