Thursday 16 November 2017

Christmas tag

Good morning all

Thank you for joining me on Day 17 of the Christmas Countdown Challenge over on UKScrappers 






Today I am bringing you a nice, simple tag for all those gifts you are yet to buy and wrap.. get ahead of the game and make these now and then you'll be sorted in plenty of time!





First I took a tag measuring 6" x 3" (although of course you can make them any size you like) Then I used a sheet of embossed paper from a paper pad (in this case I used the Holly paper from Kaisercraft's Silent Night collection) 



I used glue stick to add the paper to the tag and inked the edges with a co-ordinating ink pad. I then added a sentiment from the same paper pad. (These pads are so useful for making tags as they usually have small sentiments to pop out and add to cards and tags). I then added a little wood veneer too. 

Next I made a Poinsettia and leaf from a Sizzix Die (pre-made embellishments can be used in its place of course) and added some fussy cut holly leaves too. 


I then punched a hole in the top and added a piece of red organza ribbon to tie to the gift. 

To finish I used the glue stick again and gave the floral cluster a liberal coating of fine glitter for added shimmer and some small gemstones for the centre of the flower and the holly berries. 

These tags are a great way to use up some of those scraps you've been hoarding for so long.. so I do hope this will inspire you to join in. Do let me know you've made some too. It'll make my day! 

Thanks for visiting. 

Elaine

xx

2 comments: