Wednesday 22 November 2017

Kaisercraft Mint Wishes Christmas Card

Good Morning all
Elaine here again, this time bringing you two card made using the scrumptious Mint Wishes Collection.
image
The first card I am bring you is an easel card, now I’m not saying you should make lots of these      cards as that would be way too time consuming, but making them for the special people in your life would certainly put a smile on their faces I’m sure.
image
To make the card I followed a You Tube tutorial and there are lots on easel cards to choose from, so… once I had the base made ( I used a smooth piece of white cardstock) I took a 12″ sheet of Forest Paper as the background of the front piece. I have made my card at 7″ x 6″, however, this paper also features in the 6.5″ paper pad too so you could make the card slightly smaller to accommodate that size paper instead.
I then covered the base of the card with a piece of Shiver Paper and then mounted a piece of the reverse of the same Shiver Paper on silver Mirror card and mounted it using Mounting Foam Tape to create the ‘stop’ on the easel card. I inked all of these paper pieces with the Island Ink Pad.  I then die cut some silver flowers using a die from my stash but I think these individual snowflake dies would work just as well.
image
I then created a floral cluster using a large Poinsettia using this Decorative Die, centred with a Sea Breeze Sparklet, that I mounted on an inked frame that I got in a Little Birdie collection previously. I then used several die cuts from the collectables pack, some silver mirror card flourishes (cut using my own die), some cheesecloth gauze, and two flowers from the Little Birdie Chrissy blooms.
image
As a final flourish I splattered watered down white acrylic paint over the cluster and added small white pearls as a flower centre and on the frame and bottom left corner.
image
I do hope you’ll give this a try!
For my next card I took a 6″ square white card base and added a piece of silver mirror card slightly smaller to the front. I then distressed a 5.5″ square piece of the reverse of the Logs Paper and sponged it using the Baubles Mini Designer stencil and a black ink pad.
image
I then used my Sew Easy Stitch Piercer to make holes to sew using White embroidery thread. I used double sided tape to stick this to the mirror card and added a piece of cheesecloth as a base for my Christmas cluster.
image
I added a Kaisercraft Rhinestone flourish, two die cut flowers and leaves from the Mint Wishes collectables Pack that I then centred with Silver Glass Glitter. I added a couple of flowers from my stash too, (also with glass glitter added to the centres), and a die cut flourish cut from silver mirror card using my own die. To finish I used a little more wet glue and sprinkled extra glass glitter to the cheesecloth base with some tiny polystyrene balls to represent snow together with a doily die cut and a saying also from the collectables pack.
image
So, I hope you like my two cards for those special people in your life and that my tips will give you some ideas to create your own. Do let us know if you do, won’t you?
Elaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment