Sunday 19 November 2017

Kaisercraft Mint Wishes scrapbook layout

Good morning all.
Thanks for joining me again on my journey into using the, most wonderful, Mint Wishes collection...another of my all time favourites (I know I say that nearly every month..lol)
image
Today I am bringing you a scrapbook layout that I started by using a piece of Coconut Kaisercard that I have stencilled using the Baubles Mini Designer Stencil and a Silver Ink Pad and an ink dauber.
image
I first gutted the card before stencilling it to create a frame for the layered papers so I could mount the photo on the remaining off cut together with a piece of Kraft Kaisercard.
Once I had stencilled all around the border, I took the Cabin Paper and cut it down to 10.5″ on each side. I then cut it diagonally and stencilled ‘snow’ using the Spotty 6″ X 6″ Designer Stencil to the top and bottom of the diagonal cut.
image
I then took the Flanelette Paper and cut it down on the top and the right hand side, ensuring I left the printed floral element intact. I also cut this piece diagonally. I then ‘chomped’ two sections of starry border punch from both pieces of paper and stuck them to the Bauble Background I had created and added a strip of silver washi tape from my stash.
I then took the Shiver Paper and cut two sections, using both sides, to layer behind my photo and distressed the edges and inked them with the Black Ink Pad. I then used Foam mounting tape to raise the photo so I could tuck fussy cut flowers from the Frosted Paper behind it. I also used a flower die cut from the collectables packalong with a couple of other collectables and several Little Birdie Flowers in amongst the fussy cut ones and some Holly die cuts from my stash together with a Rhinestone Flourish. I used the title ‘Love’ from the collectables pack too.
image
image
To give it a final flourish I then took Silver Glass Glitter and wet glue to add some extra sparkle around the centre of the flowers on the layout (with some Sea Breeze Rhinestone Sparklets) and on the punched sections of the border.
image
I hope this gives you some extra ideas to use up this wonderful  collection..although it’s nice to ‘stroke’ it’s even better to use it up!
Enjoy!
Elaine x

No comments:

Post a Comment