Friday 10 November 2017

Peace Christmas card

Good morning all

Thank you for joining me again today for Day 10 of the Christmas Countdown over on UKScrappers forum. 

Today I have pleasure in bringing you this card that I have made with a loved one in mind. I tend to make lots of easier cards at Christmas for the masses but always prefer to go the extra mile when making a card for a family member. So with that in mind, I hope you will glean some ideas from my one here. 



This card was made using the Mint Wishes collection from Kaisercraft but of course any papers in your stash would also work. 

To start I layered silver Mirror Card on a 6" x 6" card blank and then cut a piece of paper 5.5" square to mount on top and inked the edges. 

I then made a poinsettia using a Sizzix Die and placed several ephemera leaves and flowers on a cluster with a few ready made flowers too. In this case I used Little Birdie flowers but Prima or any alternatives would be just as suitable. I also inked a wooden veneer and tucked that in to the cluster along with a little cheesecloth and a few small gemstones.  I also added a sliver of silver mirror card across the lower section about 3/4" from the bottom. Just above this I added the Peace sentiment which was part of the Collectables pack that came with the collection..any alphas or printed sentiment would work of course though. 



Once it had all dried I added a little white glitter on the cluster and background together with some Prima Glass Glitter as the flower centres and the card was finished. 


I hope you'll agree that it looks pretty special even though ti was, in fact quite simple to make. 

I do hope you enjoyed my little card and look forward to seeing what you come up with for your stash. 

Elaine
x



1 comment: